Hambidge provides a residency program that empowers talented individuals to explore, develop, and express their creative voices. Situated on 600 acres in the mountains of north Georgia, Hambidge is a sanctuary of time and space that inspires individuals working in a broad range of disciplines to create works of the highest caliber.
We pledge to offer a nurturing retreat, preserve Hambidge’s pristine natural environment, and provide public educational programming.
Creative thinkers from throughout the United States and around the world; residencies are awarded by juried panels for two to eight weeks.
Hambidge’s Residency Program opens mid-February and closes mid-to late-December through the month of January. Application deadlines are:
- Apply from December 1st through January 15th for the May through August residency period.
- Apply from March 1st through April 15th for the September through December residency period.
- Apply from August 1st through September 15th for the mid-February through April residency period.
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Resident Fellows pay $235 per week (of the $1300 per week cost)
Limited scholarships for first-time residents (unless otherwise noted) are available, and include the following:
(Please note: these scholarships remove the fees for two weeks of a residency. You are free to request a residency lasting longer than those two weeks.)
- The Mary Hambidge Weaving Fellowship provides a $700 stipend and waives the fee for a 2 week residency for an outstanding weaver.
- The Holland & Knight Fellowship provides a $700 stipend and waives the fee for a 2 week residency for an outstanding applicant in any discipline.
- The Friends of Lake Burton Fellowship provides a $700 stipend and waives the fee for a 2 week residency for an outstanding applicant in any discipline.
- The Drew Charter School Scholarship waives the fee for a 2 week residency for a teacher working at Drew Charter School in Decatur, Georgia.
Hambidge has 9 secluded cottage/studios which provide living and working space, feature great views, lots of privacy, kitchens and bathrooms.
Resident Fellows gather each evening Tuesday through Friday in Lucinda’s Rock House for delicious vegetarian fare prepared by our talented chef.
Hambidge is located on 600 pristine acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains featuring nature trails, meadows, waterfalls, a swimming hole, an abundance of wild flowers and crisp, clean mountain air.
See the requirements and apply online here.